When is the Tent Sale? When is the Tent Sale?
People started asking us in January, and now we’ve announced the dates: Friday and Saturday, June 3 and 4, 8-5 both days.
If you love quilting fabric, notions, fabric scraps, and everything else to do with quilting and needlework (our Patternworks yarn store also participates) you won’t want to miss it.
The Tent Sale is held at our Keepsake Quilting store in Center Harbor, New Hampshire–a picturesque lakeside setting near Meredith, NH. Make your reservations at one of the local inns, B&Bs, or hotels now!
Wait. What? You don’t know about our annual Tent Sale? Well, let us tell you what the fuss is all about.
About the Tent Sale
- Discounts of up to 60% off.
- Hundreds of bolts of quilt fabric, kits, block of the months, yarns, needles, patterns, and notions.
- Auctions throughout the day.
- A ton of fun in a festive atmosphere with hundreds of fiber fanatics.
- And–what many consider the best part–Scrap Bags! We supply an 8×10 plastic zipper bag and customers go fishing through boxes and boxes of fabric scraps (all different sizes) lined up along the boardwalk. Fill a bag full of scraps for just $6.99. There is no limit to how many bags can be purchased. We have had customers who will fill 20-30 bags!
As you can see from the pictures, we get a LOT of people and there is a LOT to see. So here are some helpful tips from our employees and some of our experienced Tent Sale shoppers:
Tent Sale Tips
- Be sure to bring water and snacks. Shopping is no fun if you get dehydrated, and you may need an energy burst!
- Check the weather and bring sunscreen or extra layers if needed. Make sure you wear comfortable clothing and shoes, you don’t want anything to distract you from the awesome deals!
- We have reusable totes available for on-site shopping, but bring extra totes if you have them. You can never have too many!
- Nothing is more fun than making your scrap bag full of treasured quilt fabric, and seeing all of the different techniques for fitting AMFAP (as much fabric as possible) in those plastic bags!
- Bring a fold up chair to use while sorting through product or filling scrap bags. The chairs on our porches get claimed very quickly!
- Be prepared for long conversations with new friends that you will meet in line. Bring your smile and patience, as it can be crowded with bargain-loving quilters.
- You never know when our media team will take some photos, so be prepared with smiles and “creative” shirts.
Now that you know all about the Tent Sale, mark your on your calendar, tell your friends, make your reservations, and join us June 3 and 4!