It’s that time of year when we make lists, check them twice, and sometimes slip them under our significant others’ morning coffee (or forward via email) for them to find.
Or, maybe you are looking for a gift for that special friend who quilts or the perfect Secret Santa item for your guild’s gift swap.
No matter whether you’re doing the shopping or you’re leaving hints for others, we have compiled a wish list of 25 gifts for quilters in every price range.
Stocking Stuffers and Quilting Gifts $5.99 to $25
1. A toast to quilting! Whether you’ve finally completed a bed-size quilt or pieced all your squares without running out of bobbin thread in the middle, this Quilt Happy Wine Glass will help you celebrate every step of the way.
2. Shed light right where you want it with the Mighty Bright Sewing Machine Light. Attach the 2½ ” x 1″ adhesive-backed base to your machine, and slip the light into the base.The flexible-neck light has a powerful LED that never needs replacing, and comes with one AAA battery and an extra mounting base.
3, 4. Decorate with Jim Shore collectibles. Popular artist Jim Shore has created many pieces with quilters in mind, and his line of thimbles and ornaments make beautiful stocking stuffers or small gifts for quilters.
5. Glass-head pins are the best, and our Thin Quilting Pins are extra long, extra sharp, and extra thin, gliding effortlessly through your quilts.
6. If all you want for Christmas is perfect ¼” seams, you’ll want one of these: The Perfect Piecing Seam Guide gives you an exact seam every time.
7. Who still uses wall calendars? Lots of quilters! Not only are they decorative, but it’s convenient to just glance up to check the date of your next guild meeting or how many weeks until the quilt show deadline. This 2016 Quilt Wall Calendar inspires with 366 quilt blocks and has a classic grid with room for appointments.
8. For the quilter who has everything—or just someone who appreciates fabric design and wants to have some relaxing fun, we recommend the Tula Pink Coloring Book. Studies prove coloring—like quilting—offers positive effects on the brain and body similar to meditating. Add a set of fine markers, and you have a lovely gift.
Quilting Gifts $25-50
9. It’s possible only a quilter would get excited to receive a box of clips as a gift, but oh are there handy when it’s time to bind! Also great for keeping strips or squares organized.
10. How about the gift of finishing a beautiful project quickly? Small quilted gifts like Wool Applique Art Kits are easy to work on, quick to finish, and come with fabric, backing, directions, and the frame.
13. Fabrics from the 1930s are coming back in vogue (some say they never went out), and this Aurifil 1930s thread collection will coordinate beautifully with the soft Depression-era colors.
14. Why are my triangle measurements always a little off? What are the tricks to piecing curves? How can I sew bindings faster and more evenly? If you or a quilter you know has asked these questions, consider giving them the gift of expert advice. Included in this Quilting Made Easier Webinar Bundle are three of our most popular web seminars – Quilter’s Need-to-Know with Diane Tomlinson, Making Curved Piecing Easy with Jenny Kae Parks and Machine Quilt Binding Made Easy with Jenny Kae Parks.
Quilting Gifts $50-100
15. Welcome them to the club. KQiQ Club membership offers quilters special treatment, quilt-related gifts, cash back, free stuff and more. And it lasts all year!
16, 17, 18, 19: A kit makes any quilt or quilting project go faster with fewer headaches. Less (or no) cutting, no fabric matching, and the pattern, instructions, and embellishments are included. Here are four popular kits that will put a smile on the face on your favorite quilter and keep it there all winter: Twinkle Quilt Kit, Christmas Trees Kit, Don’t Lose Your Mittens Kit, Adorable Tote Kit.
Quilting Gifts $100 and up
20. Quilt with plenty of space and no wobble with the new, bigger Sew Steady Wish Table! The 22 1/2″ x 25 1/2″ acrylic extension table has adjustable legs, a grid, a drawer tray and a lock to secure table to machine, a circle sewing tool, and includes a travel bag.
21. Shine a light on your high-tech quilter with the Mighty Bright Brooklyn LED Task Light. Streamlined and modern, it casts bright white, energy-efficient light, with LED panel technology for an even, soft light that will never require a replacement bulb.
22. When your quilter opens this rainbow palette of 72 hand-painted fat quarters from Bali, watch out: You are in for one enormous hug. Perfect for mixing with multicolored Balis and large florals in pieced and appliques projects.
23. For an even bigger hug–and maybe a bottle of bubbly–gift your quilter with the 2015 Collection of 4″ squares: 2,015 different fabrics from the year 2015! With this collection you’ll have enough fabric to make two king-size quilt tops and one very merry quilter.
24. The gift that lasts all year: A Block of the Month subscription like this Beauty All Around the Block. Each month for a year, your quilter receives the materials one block to make this Joyce Weeks applique stunner. Many other BOMs to choose from.
25. Finally, the only thing a quilter likes more than fabric, thread, gadgets, and tools is shopping for fabric, thread, gadgets, and tools. That’s why a Keepsake Quilting gift certificate is always a welcome present.